Comcast (coming soon)
Recordings - DVR
Internet (coming soon)
Poor Signal or Slow
Camping & RV's
Using Existing Receivers
Setting Up Satellite
Miscellaneous (coming soon)
Satellite Weather Kits
- Search For Shows - It’s as easy as “texting.”
Whenever a particular show or movie pops into mind and you have to find it quick, you can do a search by keying in the its title. Can’t think of the title? Type in one of the actors’ names. Or the channel. Or a keyword. Here’s how you do it:
This unique time saving feature works for both DIRECTV CINEMA™ and general program guide searches.
DIRECTV makes it easy for you to limit or block any programming you consider to be inappropriate for your children. Our powerful Parental Controls feature, available with every DIRECTV receiver, lets you restrict unsupervised TV viewing, block specific channels, limit viewing times and set spending limits for DIRECTV CINEMA™ movies or live Pay Per View events.
Just follow these quick steps to set up Parental Controls:
If you want to watch a restricted channel or program, just enter your PIN when requested.
Did you know you can group your favorite channels into one list? To create this Favorites list, press the MENU button on your remote to go to the On-Screen Guide. (If you have a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR, select PARENTAL, FAV’S & SETUP next).
Then for all receivers:
Your DIRECTV receiver displays by default all the channels DIRECTV offers in the program guide whether or not you subscribe to them. But you can actually limit the displayed channels to just those you subscribe to.
If you have a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR, DIRECTV® HD Receiver or DIRECTV Plus® DVR:
You’ll now see only the channels you subscribe to. “Channels I get (fav)” should be displayed in the bottom left corner of the guide screen.
If you have a standard DIRECTV® Receiver:
The Guide will now display only the channels you subscribe to. “Custom 1″ should be displayed in the bottom left corner of the guide screen.
If you’re a sports fan, you’ve experienced this: You’re watching one game and can’t take your eyes off of it, but you’re dying to know what the score is in that other big game. DIRECTV’s ScoreGuide™ is for you.
Whenever you’re watching a game on any national network that cover sports primarily (like ESPN), the 700 channels used for sports subscriptions (for example, NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, MLB EXTRA INNINGS™, NBA LEAGUE PASS™, etc.) or a Regional Sports Networks, just press the RED button on your remote and ScoreGuide™ pops up on your screen. You’ll see scores for major sporting events, a list of the DIRECTV channels carrying those events, and the ability to tune directly to those channels.
ScoreGuide™ is available 24/7, whenever you need to know the score.
Sports blackouts, a long time source of frustration and confusion for sports fans, occur when a sporting event is not televised in a certain area. But thanks to DIRECTV’s cutting-edge technology, whenever you tune in to a channel with a blacked-out game, GameSearch™ recognizes the blackout and immediately looks to see if the game is on another channel. If a broadcast of the game is found, GameSearch displays an on-screen message that gives you the option to tune in to that channel. If it can’t find one, an on-screen message will let you know the game is not available.
What’s more, if you have a game scheduled to be recorded on a DVR, GameSearch™ will look for the game on an available channel and automatically record it.
GameSearch™ is available free of charge to DIRECTV customers who have the DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR receiver (models HR20 and HR21) or the DIRECTV Plus® DVR model R22. Later this year the service will be rolled out to basic DVRs (models R15 and R16) and next year to the HD (models H20 and H21) receivers.
With DIRECTV, you can now track your NFL.com fantasy team in real time right on your TV screen with the new NFL.com Fantasy Football TV app.
Dish Network DVRs are able to store up to 350 hours of standard definition programming and 55 hours of high-definition programming. Not enough storage space? Consider adding an external hard drive to complement the storage space in the television box. The company's ViP622 HD DVRs are equipped with an Ethernet port for USB 2.0 hard drives. According to the site, there's no limit to how many external hard drives can be attached.
Have two shows on at the same time that you want to see? It's no problem with Dish Network DVRs. You can record one show on the one channel while watching the other show on the other channel, simultaneously, regardless of whether the channels are broadcast in high or standard definition. You can even choose to record both programs while watching one. Dish Network's DVRs feature dual tuners that allow this to happen.
Another option for users who want to watch two things at the same time is to use Dish Network's picture in picture function. Select the first channel that you want to watch, then hit the "PIP" button on the remote control. It will then prompt you to hit a "Swap" button to split the screen, then to select the other channel to be watched. Users can toggle the "Swap" button to select which screen shows up larger on the television.
With DVRs from most cable companies, you can only watch the recorded programming on the box that you recorded the program on. However, Dish Network offers a DuoDVR. Fitting to the name, it comes with two DVR units. With it, you can watch recorded programs back on either television set equipped with the DuoDVR. For example, you can record a show on the television in the living room and watch it back on the unit in the bedroom if those are the two equipped with DuoDVRs.
(1) Must have internet connected computer
(2) Create a DISH Online ID at: www.mydish.com/register
(3) Customers can then go to www.dishonline.com
(4) Watch content on the computer or choose from select programming to download your compatible DVR receiver and watch on your TV through IP-VOD. Click the "Movies" tab, then select "Rent to DVR." Once you've made your selection find your download on your TV.
- Blockbuster @Home: After signing up for Blockbuster @Home ($10/mo.), customers must create an online account by going to www.mydish.com/register and creating a DISH online ID, if they do not have one already. This ID and Password will be used for all login steps below:
(1) Streaming to TV: Press the DVR button on remote and select Blockbuster @Home from the On Demand menu. Next narrow your search by choosing "Genre" or "Rating" on the left. Lastly select the title you want and start watching instantly.
(2) Streaming Online: On your internet-connected computer logon to DISH Online (or the DISH Remote Access app on your tablet or phone). Next click the Blockbuster @Home logo and browse titles or search movies by title, actor or director. Lastly click any unlocked title to watch instantly.
(3) DVDs By Mail: First time users: Login to www.mydish.com/myaccount and click "Complete Registration" in the Blockbuster @Home box. Next go to Dish Online and select the Blockbuster @Home logo. Lastly click "Manage My Queue" to view the titles you'll receive in the mail, edit priorities, and add movies.
Camping & RV's: